Annex Revision and Update
- Expand and improve the science- and evidence-based language in the Annex that is key support for MAHC adoption and MAHC users.
- Review the MAHC Code and Annex to determine if existing Annex content needs updating and, where no Annex information is provided, if content is needed.
- Identify subject matter experts to update and/or write new Annex sections.
- Manage completion of Annex language by subject matter experts
- MAHC sections that lack Annex information but need discussion/explanation;
- Annex discussion that exists but does not contain explanatory content; it only re-states a MAHC requirement.
- Mark for deletion if additional explanatory information is not necessary, or
- Identify content needed.
- Existing Annex information that needs additional explanation and/or updating.
- CDC and CMAHC will explore ways to update the Annex during inter-conference periods to best support MAHC adoption needs and MAHC users.
- Identify design criteria inconsistencies between the MAHC and the ISPSC, evaluate the most appropriate science/data-based information, and make recommendations for revisions to the MAHC or ISPSC, as appropriate.
- Determine which code contains the most appropriate, technically accurate information, and/or the best elements from each code.
- Evaluate science, best practice and potential for performance-based criteria for item.
- Make recommendations for revisions to either the MAHC, ISPSC, or both so the most appropriate, technically accurate information is included.
- Include necessary, supporting information, as specified by the respective organization's code update process.
- Identify individual(s) to prepare, submit and advocate for the proposed code update using the respective code(s) process.
Vote on the Code - Triennial Conference Organization
Codes and Standards
2. Identifies discrepancies with other codes and works to include the most appropriate information or advise other codes on needed components or updates they might consider.
2. Articulates the business reasons for supporting the CMAHC, why it is an advantage from a leadership, public health, aquatics sector, and business standpoint,
3. Engages membership and potential sponsors and promotes sponsorship in 2017 and renewal of current sponsors for the 2018/19 cycle
4. Explores other business models and revenue streams that can help the CMAHC grow and be financially sustainable.
Industry, Public Health, and Consumer Support, Education, and Advocacy
NOTE: Each group could be a sub-group or stand-alone as needed.
2. Focuses on messaging and helps recruit local aquatics sector assistance for health departments considering use of the MAHC
3. Mobilizes knowledgeable local industry members to attend and speak about the MAHC at public meetings as needed.
2. Develop new plans/guidance for engaging current CMAHC members.
2. Identifies experts to develop design criteria and/or performance-based operational criteria for these new innovations and technologies that keeps the MAHC up to date with the latest innovations.