The conditions that determine production and air levels of DBPs have been suggested to depend on several factors:
* Number of swimmers in the AQUATIC VENUE and their associated hygiene;
* CHLORINE concentration;
* Water temperature;
* Concentration of organic precursors in the AQUATIC VENUE water;
* Chemical structure of the organic precursors;
* Bromide content;
* Indoor air circulation;
* The extent of out-gassing of volatile DBPs;
* Level of water agitation (undisturbed vs. being sprayed); and
* Concentration of inorganic chloramine from the fill water.
Further research is needed to determine how much DBPs are being created in AQUATIC VENUE water, including the production and retention rate.