Caucus Membership and Sector Explanation
As part of the CMAHC conference, four sector-based caucus groups are created (public health, designer/builder, management/staff/consumer, supplier/manufacturer/consumer protection group/academia). Each caucus group has multiple scheduled opportunities throughout the conference to caucus amongst themselves and discuss the submitted Change Requests and corresponding Technical Review Committee (TRC) recommendations, proposed changes, and voting strategy. Each caucus group can then discuss their determinations in the conference open session, submit member comment(s) to influence the voting process, or both. The current four caucus groups are:
- Public Health (Federal, State, Local)
- Supplier/Manufacturer/Consumer Protection Groups/Academia
Member Sector Explanations
This membership choice is set when you register as a member on your membership form. It is important since it determines your voting sector and caucus membership at the conference.
NOTE: If you are a retiree from public health oversight/regulation or the aquatics sector, select the sector you retired from and put “Retiree and name/type of organization” in the appropriate “organization” box.
- Public Health: Includes members who are state, state designees, local, and federal public health sector government officials involved in guiding, regulating, and inspecting public aquatic facilities.
- Aquatics Design: Includes members primarily involved in designing aquatic facilities.
- Aquatics Builder: Includes members primarily involved in constructing aquatic facilities.
- Aquatics Management-Includes members who own or operate aquatic facilities, including government and academic facilities.
- Aquatics Staff: Includes members that work at aquatic facilities, including government and academic facilities.
- Aquatics Service Professional: Includes members who primarily provide construction, repair, and maintenance services to residential and commercial pools, spas, and other aquatic venues.
- Consumer: Includes members that use aquatic facilities as consumers. If you are a retiree from public health oversight/regulation or the aquatics sector, select the sector you retired from and put “Retiree and name/type of organization” in the appropriate “organization” box.
- Aquatics Supplier: Includes members primarily supplying products, training (e.g., operator, lifeguard), information (e.g., trade magazines), data, or other services used by the aquatics sector.
- Aquatics Manufacturer: Includes members primarily manufacturing products used by the aquatics sector.
- Consumer Protection Group: Includes members supplying third party testing, model code writing, funding for improving health and safety at aquatic facilities (e.g., some foundations), or other services used by the aquatics sector.
- Academia: Includes members supplying information or data used by the aquatics sector. Involvement in management or staffing of academic aquatic facilities should choose Management or Staff as their sector.