CMAHC Certified Products and Services
CMAHC has certified the following aquatic products and services for compliance with the relevant or applicable standards in the 2018 MAHC 3 rd Edition. By meeting or exceeding MAHC standards, these products and services are adhering to strict criteria developed to help protect people’s health and safety and public aquatic venues.
As of July 2020
Aquatic Facility Maintenance and Operation Aids
- Facility Manager™ version 5.0.4ch, a proprietary web-based application developed in partnership by Counsilman-Hunsaker and the National Swimming Pool Foundation to help pool managers and operators abide by the Model Aquatic Health Code. Certified in compliance with the 2018 MAHC 3rd Edition.
- Pool Shark H2O version 3.5.0 is a patented web-based multi-user application, which helps commercial pool operators ensure water quality, safety and compliance to health department regulations by standardizing on the Model Aquatic Health Code. Online access allows management of multiple facilities and staff remotely. Certified in compliance with the 2018 MAHC 3rd Edition.
Lifeguard Training Programs
- The StarGuard ELITE (SGE) lifeguard program is an industry-leading training curriculum and internationally-recognized certification. SGE’s evidence-based protocols and adult learner activities are the foundation of a curriculum that fosters practical skills and retention. StarGuard partners with American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) for all CPR, AED, first aid, and emergency oxygen training elements that are used in the program. The StarGuard program is built to be objective, realistic, and adaptable to any type of pool or non-surf waterfront.
- American Aquatics and Safety Training (AAST) is a program that had many professionals as part of the development and revision process in various supportive and technical manners. This included multiple New York City Fire Department (FDNY) and volunteer firefighters, a member of the FDNY ice/cold water rescue unit and a surf rescue unit, EMTs, FDNY paramedics, doctors, lifeguard/CPR instructors, lifeguards with 10+ years’ experience, and a pharmacist. Everyone who helped develop the program has real-life experience in their field. The curriculum includes lifeguarding, waterfront, CPR/AED, and first aid.
- One of the main goals of the Association of Aquatic Professionals (AOAP) is to assist in the recognition of individuals in the aquatic field as professionals. Their first step was the development of the Aquatic Professionals (AqP) designation, which recognizes aquatic professionals who demonstrate a commitment to aquatic education, certification, and professional development. Aquatics professionals may apply to obtain the AqP designation based on a combination of education, experience and certifications. With an AqP designation, aquatics professionals join a group of outstanding experts who share a similar background and passion.
PO Box 3121
Decatur, GA 30031